Can't find what you're looking for? Try our search! Click Here
PINHOLE CAMERA QUESTIONS
- What is the difference in shapes of the pinhole lenses?
- There are no differences in performance between the differently shaped pinhole lenses. Different shapes are available for various installation needs.
- How big of a hole does a pinhole camera need to see through?
- Assuming a pinhole camera is hidden behind a thin material such as a paper or a sheet metal, you only need 1/16" dia. hole for the camera to see through completely. On a thick material such as a drop ceiling tile, you will need to cave in the camera so the lens will almost flush with the outer surface. Otherwise tunnel vision will occur.
- Is it normal for a miniature camera to get very hot to the touch? How much ventilation does a miniature camera need?
- Yes, all metal housed, miniature CCD cameras do get very hot. It is normal. As long as there would be some room in the enclosure, you do not need any ventilation. You may drill few holes just in case.
- What is a best camera for hiding in a drop ceiling tile?
- On a thick material such as a drop ceiling tile, you will need to cave in the camera so the lens will almost flush with the outer surface. Otherwise tunnel vision will occur. Best camera to use would be: PBC-Series
- What is the minimum focusing distance of a camera?
- All our camera including pinhole cameras (but except for a hidden cameras where you can not turn the lens), can macro focus to an object as close as 1mm between the lens and the object.
- Where & how are the power and video connectors located for a miniature camera?
- Yes, Please see: camera connection sheet
- How can I focus the pinhole lens?
- Turn the lens counter-clockwise to the point where it almost falls out. Connect the camera to TV and turn the lens clockwise slowly until it focus. Ba careful not to bottom out, it will crack the CCD sensor.
- what is the difference between internal and external audio? thanks
- External microphone is useful when hiding the camera in a totally enclosed case and need to pickup good audio by making another hole for the mic to pick up the sound.